[rules-users] issues with 'contains' and 'and'

Amarendra Mishra amarendra_tech at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 17:05:14 EST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to write a protoype with JBoss Rules 3.0.5
I am having problem in getting the following working properly :

rule "CompDept Product Qualification Rule"
  salience 7
  no-loop true;

  when
  $cust:( Customer( productIDs contains "Computer")
    or Customer(productIDs contains "monitor"))
    #  Customer(compDeptState == Customer.NOTRUN)    <-------- Commented line
  then
   $cust.setCompDeptState (Customer.DONE);
   System.out.println("getStatus after...." + $cust.getCompDeptState ()  );
   $cust.addQualifiedProduct("CompDeptProduct");
   System.out.println("CompDeptProduct qualified...."  );
   modify($cust);
end

where productIDs are defined as Vector in Customer class.
If I run the above rule it goes in recursive mode (I have another rule in the drl that also acts on the same customer object and modifies it).
If I uncomment the commented line my LHS it's not evaluating to true and RHS is not running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Amarendra.