[rules-users] Re: BRMS Server - memory Issue while execution - Critical

Arjun Dhar dhar_ar at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 04:28:25 EDT 2007

Michael Neale <michael.neale <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Arjun - I wouldn't recommend re-using session unless there is some
expensive state you wish to reuse. Pooling them will use up far more resources
then freeing them. You should only pool expensive to obtain resources.

Hi Michael,
 thanks a lot for your help.

I wish to share something that might be news:
Well I tried two models:
1. Create a new stateless session, everytime you recieve a request
2. Share the same session among multiple threads.
(Million Loops, Zero ramp up time - JMeter settings)

.. As I increased the number of threads the performance output for 1 dipped
around. But for 2 there was a minor exponential increase in performance.

Ofcourse, this depends on the rules and the way the business obejcts are also
written. But this was m personal experience.

Functionally there was no difference and also no memory leaks in the latest
build.

I'm pretty happy.
Thanks,
Arjun