[rules-users] Modify Object and Fact Handles

dpark dpark at exchangesolutions.com
Mon Jul 23 16:58:23 EDT 2007

I'm in the process of upgrading from 2.1 to 3.0 and I've noticed the
signature for knowledgeHelper.modifyObject( Object object ) has changed to
include a FactHandle for it.

Architecturally, does this imply that a list of all fact handles for all
asserted objects has to be maintained in order for modifications to occur?

Or would the following call be the way out?

    knowledgeHelper.modifyObject( knowledgeHelper.getWorkingMemory()
        .getFactHandle( someObject ), someObject );

(curiously, the above could gives me NPE's on the factHandle for
someObject).

DP