[rules-users] Odd static inner class behavior

Eric Miles eric.miles at kronos.com
Wed Jul 25 15:07:14 EDT 2007

Due to how JAXB treats anonymous inner complex types, I ended up with a
public static inner classes named AlternativeKey in several of my data
classes  I have several rules written to deal with each data class
individually that all work ok.  However, when I attempt to put them all
in the same rule base (all belong to the same package), I get an import
collision exception on the AlternativeKey inner class.  Depending on
where in the builder I add the resource depends on which AlternativeKey
the compiler bitches about (validity).  I'm not familiar with the source
at all, so I'm unsure as to where to look for this.  However, this
sounds like a bug to me?  There is an easy workaround for this as I I
just don't use anonymous types and define them in my schema explicitly.
Just thought I'd identify this as a possible issue.

Thanks,
Eric