[rules-users] Odd static inner class behavior

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Jul 26 09:32:30 EDT 2007

    Eric,

    Not sure if I understood your problem, but if you have multiple classes
with the same name, and the only difference is that they are inner classes
of different classes, I guess what you need to do is to fully qualify your
class names in your rules...

rule xxx
when
    my.package.MyClass.MyInnerClass( ... )

   If this is not your problem, can you please show us an example so we
understand it better?

   Edson

2007/7/25, Eric Miles <eric.miles at kronos.com>:

>  Due to how JAXB treats anonymous inner complex types, I ended up with a
> public static inner classes named AlternativeKey in several of my data
> classes  I have several rules written to deal with each data class
> individually that all work ok.  However, when I attempt to put them all in
> the same rule base (all belong to the same package), I get an import
> collision exception on the AlternativeKey inner class.  Depending on where
> in the builder I add the resource depends on which AlternativeKey the
> compiler bitches about (validity).  I'm not familiar with the source at all,
> so I'm unsure as to where to look for this.  However, this sounds like a bug
> to me?  There is an easy workaround for this as I I just don't use anonymous
> types and define them in my schema explicitly.  Just thought I'd identify
> this as a possible issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

  Edson Tirelli