[rules-users] Need help in finding which clause[Expression] in the rule failed

Ashwini Joshi ashwini_joshi at persistent.co.in
Mon Jun 11 01:11:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have also sent this problem before. But did not get any reply. It is
urgent. Does anyone know about this?

Suppose I have a rule as

rule "Rule1"

       when

            Message( message == "Hello" ) || Message( status == 0 )

       then

                  System.out.println("then executed");

End

Is there a way to find out which condition is satisfied? I.e. whether
message was equal to "Hello" or status was 0.

We are generating alerts using rules engine, and in the alert we need to
specify that which clause generated the alert.

We are having multiple clauses in a single rule. So what is the correct way
to find the clause because of which alert is generated. We cannot keep them
in separate rule because we need to consider and\or conditions between these
clauses.

Thanks,

Ashwini

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.