[rules-users] Need help in finding which clause[Expression] in the rule failed

Krishnan krishiyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 06:24:06 EDT 2007

why don't you check the condition in the then clause ?

rule "Rule1"

       when

            message1 : Message( message == "Hello" ) ||

            message2 : Message( status == 0 )

       then

                  if (message2.getStatus == 0) {

                      System.out.println("status is 0.");

                  }

                                    if (message1.getMessage().equals("Hello")
{

                      System.out.println("message is hello.");

                  }

                  System.out.println("then executed");

End
-Krishnan.

 Hi,

I have also sent this problem before. But did not get any reply. It is
urgent. Does anyone know about this?

Suppose I have a rule as

rule "Rule1"

       when

            Message( message == "Hello" ) || Message( status == 0 )

       then

                  System.out.println("then executed");

End

Is there a way to find out which condition is satisfied? I.e. whether
message was equal to "Hello" or status was 0.

We are generating alerts using rules engine, and in the alert we need to
specify that which clause generated the alert.

We are having multiple clauses in a single rule. So what is the correct way
to find the clause because of which alert is generated. We cannot keep them
in separate rule because we need to consider and\or conditions between these
clauses.

Thanks,

Ashwini

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential
information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete
all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any
liability for virus infected mails.

On 6/11/07, Ashwini Joshi <ashwini_joshi at persistent.co.in> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I have also sent this problem before. But did not get any reply. It is
> urgent. Does anyone know about this?
>

> Suppose I have a rule as
>

> rule "Rule1"
>
>        when
>
>             Message( message == "Hello" ) || Message( status == 0 )
>
>        then
>
>                   System.out.println("then executed");
>
> End
>

> Is there a way to find out which condition is satisfied? I.e. whether
> message was equal to "Hello" or status was 0.
>
> We are generating alerts using rules engine, and in the alert we need to
> specify that which clause generated the alert.
>
> We are having multiple clauses in a single rule. So what is the correct
> way to find the clause because of which alert is generated. We cannot keep
> them in separate rule because we need to consider and\or conditions between
> these clauses.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ashwini
>
> DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential
> information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is
> intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
> read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete
> all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any
> liability for virus infected mails.

Sivaramakrishna Iyer Krishnan (Anand)

Never assume the obvious is true.
- William Safire