[rules-users] Operators

Yuri de Wit ydewit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:27:33 EDT 2007

I am using JBoss Rules 3.0.6 and in many situations I was forced to
use a Java snipped predicates ( p.property -> ( fn.doSomething(p, a))
which clutters the rules quite a bit ) to override or correct the
behaviour of some of the operators such as ==, !=, etc. It would be
nice if there was an easy way for me to override them by providing my
own implementation. I could then subclass the default one provided by
JBoss Rules and customized the ones I need.

I know that this sugestiong would allow us to modify the semantic of
the rules language operators but it at least would provide a nice way
out of issues (such as using == between a Short and a Integer) we come
accross, could help debugging predicate evaluations (I guess I could
always add a breakpoint to a specific class from the rules engine -
which class?).

On the same topic would it be possible to add new operators to the language?

thanks,
-yuri