[rules-users] How to stop a rule from firing?

McShiv rajesh_sachin10 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jun 21 17:40:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am using Drools 3.0.6. The rule is given below.

Rule:

      [when] condition1 = \\someCondition;
      [then] assert the Object1 into Working Memory;

      [when] condition2 = \\someCondition;
      [then] set the Error Message.

      [when] condition3 = \\someCondition;
      [then] assert the Object2 into Working Memory;

      [when] condition4 = \\someCondition;
      [then] Set the Error Message.

By requirement is when the condition2 is satisfied, the error code should be
set and the following rules should not fire. If the condition2 is not
satisfied, it goes to the condition3 and condition4. If condition4
satisfies, it should set the error code and stop firing the rules again.

I dont know how to stop the rules from firing after the error code is set in
the condition2.

Can someone help me on this issue.

Thanks & Regards
McShiv.........