[rules-users] Dynamic JavaBeans evaluate again, and again...

Felipe Piccolini felipe.piccolini at bluesoft.cl
Wed Jun 27 19:23:23 EDT 2007

Hi, I dont know if this is reported or maybe its just my mistake... but
when I use dynamic JavaBeans and PropertyListeners the re-evaluation
of the rules
seems to skip the condition evaluation, so they fire again.. and
again, and again..

I have a couple of rules where the conditions are true then I change
the value of an attribute
and the rules re-evaluate again... and so on. I putted a special
constraint in the conditions
of that rule so when it is fired, it modify an atribute of another
fact (tested with the another
attribute of the same fact but it happens anyway), so I try to be
sure that rule will not fire again...
but it does ignoring the constraints... checked with the logger and
the debugger...

Is this a bug or it is supposed to be so, and I need to think another
way to write my rules?...
I want to use the dynamic JavaBeans, so no need to write inserts/
updates...  When I set the insert(Object, FALSE)
the problem dissapears.

Thanks.

Felipe Piccolini M.
felipe.piccolini at bluesoft.cl