[rules-users] Dynamic JavaBeans evaluate again, and again...

Natraj Gudla natraj.gudla at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 23:52:53 EDT 2007

Are you trying to use more than one modify() call on the fact. Even i faced
a similar situation and could find one of the forums on drools stating this
problem. Looks like you cannot modify the same fact more than once in the
same drl.
I am still awaiting an answer to my post. My comments might help you. Check
it out.

Thanks
Natraj Gudla.

On 6/28/07, Felipe Piccolini <felipe.piccolini at bluesoft.cl> wrote:

> Hi, I dont know if this is reported or maybe its just my mistake... but when
> I use dynamic JavaBeans and PropertyListeners the re-evaluation of the rules
> seems to skip the condition evaluation, so they fire again.. and again,
> and again..
>

> I have a couple of rules where the conditions are true then I change the
> value of an attribute
> and the rules re-evaluate again... and so on. I putted a special
> constraint in the conditions
> of that rule so when it is fired, it modify an atribute of another fact
> (tested with the another
> attribute of the same fact but it happens anyway), so I try to be sure
> that rule will not fire again...
> but it does ignoring the constraints... checked with the logger and the
> debugger...
>

> Is this a bug or it is supposed to be so, and I need to think another way
> to write my rules?...
> I want to use the dynamic JavaBeans, so no need to write
> inserts/updates...  When I set the insert(Object, FALSE)
> the problem dissapears.
>

> Thanks.
>
> *Felipe Piccolini M.*
> felipe.piccolini at bluesoft.cl