[rules-users] Why no breakpoints in drl files ??

Michael Zimmermann list at incunabulum.de
Wed Nov 21 13:41:17 EST 2007

Hi there,

well, in one project I do have the problem that from within eclipse while
debugging the application breakpoints in drl files are not recognized,
i.e. the application does not stop on aline if this line is executed.
Weirdly, a second project in the same eclipse installation does not show
this behaviour.

The problematic project
- is converted to a drools project
- is started via "debug as > drools"
- has the breakpoint set in a rule consequence (system.out) that gets
executed

Any ideas what might be the reason for such a behaviour?

thanks and cu, Michael

PS: I doubt that it is the fault of my eclipse installation because the
second drools test project works fine.