[rules-users] No breakpoints in drl files > Solved, but bug?

Michael Zimmermann list at incunabulum.de
Thu Nov 22 04:16:11 EST 2007

Hi there,

I guess I found a workaround or the solution for my problem.

At least in my installation breakpoints in drl files are one recognized
if there is any variable involved. Here is a small example

1) Works ok, while debugging the application stops at the breakpoint in
System.out.println()

  rule "TestRule"
  when
  	eval (1==1)
  then
  	int i = 1;
  	System.out.println("Breakpoint ok" +i);
  end

2) The breakpoint in System.out.println() is ignored. The rule fires
nevertheless....
  rule "TestRule"
  when
  	eval (1==1)
  then
  	int i = 1;
  	System.out.println("Breakpoint ignored");
  end

Is this supposed to be so?

cu, Michael