[rules-users] Drools, RCP, and Eclipse 3.3

J Michael Dean mdean77 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 20 16:07:39 EDT 2007

I am trying to utilize Drools in an RCP, and have been getting errors
relating to not finding the jdt core.  I have attempted to use the
snapshot but with no difference.  So to work around this, am planning
to build my rules into a package outside my RCP, and then I won't
need the drools compiler which I assume is dependent on the jdt.

In the examples, however, I cannot find (I have looked) an example
that does not compile the drl on the fly.  I can try to use BRMS
eventually, but I want an application that can check to see if it has
a connection to a BRMS repository, and if not, will revert to using a
local rules file.

I have two questions - one is whether I am on the right track, or if
I simply have to wait until Drools is fully usable with 3.3.  Two is
whether someone can direct me to an example that will point the way.

Thanks in advance.

- Mike