[rules-users] Inserting Facts within "Action nodes" (RuleFlow)

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Jan 3 09:41:16 EST 2008

The ruleflow action node can be used to specify some action (as a piece of code) that should be executed.  Currently, it only has access to global variables.  It might indeed be a good idea to also allow access to some kind of workingMemory variable.  We will try to add support for that when we add support for process variables.  If you want, you could open a JIRA for this to track the issue.

Your solution, defining wm as a global, seems a possible workaround (and I don't see any problems that might arise by doing this).  Another one would be using a ruleset node instead of an actionNode, and specifying a rule that does not have any conditions, something like:

rule "MyRule"
  ruleflow-group "MyAction"
    insert(new Object());
end