[rules-users] complex rules in Excel

Marina ppine7 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 10:40:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

I looked at the examples of decision tables in Excel and from what I understand the only type of rules that are supported in Excel are of the form:

(Object1.var1 > $param) AND (Object2.var2 == $param) AND (...) ...

So that basically all columns are concatenated via AND.

Is it possible to do something more complex, including grouping and ORs, like:

((Object1.var1 > $param) AND (Object2.var2 == $param)) OR (Object3.var3 < $param)  ?? // and other like that , with indefinite level of grouping/ concatenation via AND and OR)

The activation-group concept won't help here because it is an exclusive OR of rows, not columns, as I understand.

thanks,
Marina