Re[rules-users] ading incoming connection in Action - Rule flow

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Jun 12 10:27:53 EDT 2008

> it seems that current released version of drools, supporting only MVEL
> code
The action node allows you to simply execute a piece of code.  While Drools
4.0.7 only allows you to use mvel fragments, the upcoming Drools 5.x release
also allows you to use the Java dialect.  It will also allow you to access
globals or workingMemory etc.

> How can i read the incoming connection of my action ? using MVEL code.
An action node currently does not have direct access to information about
the previous node that triggered the action.  Could you clarify why you
would need this?  In Drools5, sharing of information between nodes using
globals or the working memory will be possible.  But if you could provide a
good use case on why you would need access to this information, I could see
whether it would be possible to expose this kind of information in the
action code as well.

Kris