[rules-users] fact base storage?

Evans, Jess JEvans at collegeboard.org
Thu Oct 9 14:24:17 EDT 2008

I'm trying to come up to speed on the drools capabilities.  I see that
drools supports loading rules from a decision table in a spreadsheet.  I
have a set of conversion tables that I'd like to represent as facts
asserted when the rule base has been loaded, but before processing user
requests.  I could always model lookup tables in a database, but I'd
rather not have to build the CRUD interface to manage them.  I'd rather
represent them so that each row in a spreadsheet represents a fact
(based upon a predefined java bean).  Of course, I could custom
implement this functionality.  However, I was wondering if drools
supports some OOTB means of loading facts from Excel or other resource?

thanks,

-Jess