[rules-users] Sessions, WorkingMemory, Long lived facts

David Sinclair dsinclair at chariotsolutions.com
Mon Oct 13 15:26:31 EDT 2008

I have a question concerning facts. I have a service based application

XML IN -> Business Objects -> Rule Processing -> Business Objects -> XML OUT

Pretty straightforward.
In the rule processing I will lazily load objects into WorkingMemory that
drive some of the business rules. For instance, if a new Windows
Server(Business Object) is installed, ensure its OS is only Windows Server
2007 (lazily loaded DB object).

What I would like to do is be able to either preload the working memory with
this data, or preferably, lazily load the data. So my question is how do you
place facts into working memory when you create a new session each time
without having to assert them everytime? Or this that a stupid
question...Should the question be, since working memory/sessions aren't
thread safe, i.e. one can't be shared by everyone, what is the best way to
place long lived facts into memory of all sessions?

thanks

dave