[rules-users] returning random limited query results

Evans, Jess JEvans at collegeboard.org
Fri Oct 24 17:23:38 EDT 2008

I'm trying to implement some suggestion functionality.  Is there an
efficient way to query for X random facts matching some constraint (e.g.
ten random cheeses that cost less than 3 dollars)?  I'd rather not
generate the complete list if there's a more clever way.  Unfortunately,
the constraints are customer specific; otherwise, I'd just create sort
of a central buffer list and dole out the random goodness to all takers.

thanks,

-Jess