[rules-users] Request for assistance in removing eval from a rule

Warren, David [USA] warren_david at bah.com
Wed Sep 17 12:10:05 EDT 2008

Edson -

Thanks for the reply.  I am setting the global prior to calling the
rules.

That said, I was able to fix my problem by removing the evals from my
rules, using the method described by Mohammed Riyaz in a post yesterday
(thanks Mohammed!).  Removing the evals also remedied a problem we were
seeing where our rules using evals would occasionally fail due to null
pointer exceptions throw by PredicateConstraint when being run by a
multi-thread job (very similar to what's noted in issue JBRULES-1751).

I defined all the methods in our RulesUtil class as static, imported the
functions, and referenced them inside an exists() clause like this:
exists(  Boolean( booleanValue==true) from containsKeyword($myString) )

-David