[rules-users] Date format [MMM-dd-yyyy] can NOT work in Chinese environment. How to set locale or language of drools?

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 12:33:49 EDT 2009

You would have to set the default Locale of the JRE.

Either call Locale.setDefault(Locale.US) (class java.util.Locale) before you parse any dates, or launch java with the user.country property set to US.

For more than you'd ever want to know about Locales, see this: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/locale/index.html