[rules-users] Bug in Guvnor?

hpost Herman.Post at imail.org
Mon Apr 6 19:12:12 EDT 2009

Hi.  I didn't see this in Jira, and it is very reproducible for me.  I am
using 5.0CR1, and trying to work completely in Guvnor.  I create a simple
Model, add a Business Rule and a Test Scenario, and all works fine.  As soon
as I add a function, the Test Scenarios no longer work.  If I delete the
function, the Test Scenario starts working again.  Here is a simple sample.

package TestPkg

declare TestFact
	name: String
	age: Integer
end

function int testFunc() {

	return 2;
}

rule "TestRule"
	dialect "mvel"
	when
		$testFact : TestFact( name == "Bill" )
	then
		$testFact.setAge( 3 );
end

I'm not even calling the function - just its presence causes Test Scenarios
to fail.

Thanks,

Herman Post