[rules-users] FactType and FactType

Ingomar Otter ingomar.otter at valtech.de
Fri Apr 24 12:07:57 EDT 2009

With 5CR1 I am trying to create a dynamically declared fact type form
Java. I am using RuleAgent
as described in
.../drools-expert/html/ch05.html#d0e2236

 From the RuleAgent I obtain a statefull session. However there seems
to be no path to optain the FactType as described in
the Expert documentation in section 7.7.4:
.../drools-expert/html/ch07.html#d0e3365

// get a reference to a knowledge base with a declared type:
KnowledgeBase kbase = ... // get the declared FactType
FactType personType = kbase.getFactType( "org.drools.examples",
"Person" );
But I can not obtain the KnowledgeBase.
I have vague memories about KnowledgeBase being part of the renovated
API. So this suggest that the documentation is using a mix of old and
new API (on the two locations I have given).

--
Ingomar Otter
CTO
mailto:ingomar.otter at valtech.de