[rules-users] impossible to dispose tomcat devloader when i reload context (drools keep reference)...

Emmanuel GREFFET (France) greffet.e at mipih.fr
Thu Apr 30 04:49:07 EDT 2009

Hello
I'm Emmanuel from France. (sorry for my English)
We use drools 4.0.7 in a hospital application.
We load drools and our programs (services) with tomcat Devloader (5.5.9)
We use drools in statefullsession (retract and insert facts by rules in a
ruleFlow).
everything is perfect for us, except a little problem of "dispose" with
tomcat due to drools.
Through the Tomcat console when we try to restart our webapp, tomcat can't
dispose the old Devloader
(in Eclipse we can see that many drools class use class attribute
ClassLoader without any dispose ???)
In production, we used different webapps in a Tomcat, so we can't easely
stop Tomcat, so until we stop tomcat, the reload of the webapps is longer
and longer ... (many devloader(s) can't dispose)...
anyone has had this problem ?

Thank you.
Emmanuel