[rules-users] Regarding Drools Rules Engine

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:21:59 EST 2009

Some remarks, see below.

2009/12/2 Anupindi RaviShankar <iamravi79 at gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> We are evaluating Drools rules engine for one of the clients. The client
has
> given some parameters based on which evaluation needs to be done.
> We were not able to get this information from Drools site. So need your
help
> in getting this information.
>
> • Number of transactions Drools Engine can support. Can it support around
> 1-1.5 million transactions.

The term "transaction" is typically used for a "unit of work performed
within
a (database) system". If this is meant, then the question askes is usually
"how many per second".

> • How can we introduce enforcement levels, overriding authority etc.?

I'Ve been reading a lot about rule based systems, but "enforcement level"
is absolutely new to me. (Google comes up with some strange, unrelated
quotes.) Also, "overriding authority" seems to be more related to the law
than anthing else.

> • How can the controlling class get to know which rule was fired and which
> was overridden ?

The concept of "overriding a rule" is also unusual with respect to rules.
There is nothing I can relate to this verb's meaning.

-W