[rules-users] CEP fusion

chris richmond richmond.cd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:59:39 EST 2009

Hello,

I have this test rule that basically fires if a followup reading is not
received with the appropriate value within some time.  According to the
fusion docs, simply using:

*not*( FollowUpReading(value == $val, *this* before[0s,5s] $reading ) )

should wait 5 seconds before firing, however this does not work unless I
explicitly also set:

*duration*( 5s )

and if I do that, it seems to wait the 5 seconds, however it always follows
what I put in the duration value and seems to compeltely ignore the time
tolerances I use here.:

$reading : DatarReading($val: value)

*not*( FollowUpReading(value == $val, *this* before[0s,5s] $reading ) )
And if I have different values, it will fire the rule after 2 seconds and
ignore the 5s in the sample below.

Any ideas?
*

rule* "my rule"

*duration*( 2s )

*when
*

$reading : DatarReading($val: value)

*not*( FollowUpReading(value == $val, *this* before[0s,5s] $reading ) )

*then*

System.err.println("did not receive follow up - reading value: " + $val);

*

end

*