[rules-users] Debuggin in Eclipse

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Dec 9 11:52:14 EST 2009

Is your project a Drools project? You can convert existing projects to
a Drools projects by right-clicking the project and selecting "Convert
to Drools Project".  This will add the Drools library (which you can
remove if you don't need it) and adds a Drools Builder.  This builder
is crucial as it generates the necessary meta-data used for
breakpoints.  You should be able to see the drools builder in
the .project file.  Also make sure that you have not turned off caching
in the Drools preferences.  The structure of your process should not
matter, as long as your rules are on the classpath.  You can easily
check whether the drools builder is working, as it should show errors
for incorrect syntax in your rule files.

Kris