[rules-users] timestamps fusion

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:13:18 EST 2009

   Some answers:

*  "do events in stream mode get automatic timestamps ?"
   If a class is declared to fulfil an event role like bellow, it will have
"automatic timestamps". The timestamp will be based on a class attribute if
you declare it so, or it will be based on current time of the session clock
otherwise. Session clock can be a realtime clock or a pseudo clock. Check
the documentation for details.

declare SomeClass
    @role( event )
    @timestamp( someAttribute ) // <---- this is optional and causes the
engine to use the attribute instead of the session clock as a timestamp
reference
end

* do I need to change my Event class like in the broker example (in the way
of Event<stockTick> ) ?
   No. The reason for the example to use an Event interface is only because
of the Event Generator that I implemented there. The engine itself has no
requirements for such kind of interface and don't even care if you do.

* should I for every new event fireallRules ?
    Depends on your application architecture and design. You might batch
events and fire rules from time to time, or you might run fireUntilHalt()
and keep inserting events. Remember there are some threading restrictions
though that you must comply to (like max one thread per entry-point, etc).

* What about salience , where can I get documentation about it ?
    Drools Fusion leverages all the features from Drools Expert. Check
Drools Expert documentation.

   Edson

2009/12/16 Khalil Hafsi <hafsi at fzi.de>

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am using last version of fusion.
>
> do events in stream mode get automatic timestamps ? do I need to change
> my Event class like in the broker example (in the way of
> Event<stockTick> ) ?
>
> class Event{
> int symbol;
> int load;
> }
>
> say if I have a simple code :
>
> ..drools initiation.. (stream mode)
>
> session.insert(event(1,10))
> session.insert(event(1,20))
> session.insert(event(1,30))
>
> should I for every new event fireallRules ?
>
> What about salience , where can I get documentation about it ?
>
> Thank you,
> h-

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development