[rules-users] Compile Challenges December 20, 2009

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:40:34 EST 2009

Pete Carapetyan schreef:

> Someday maybe you'll just be able to use drools planner examples in a
> single easy to use maven already eclipsed project without having to
> download and build source from svn. When it is time, it will happen.
> If it was that important to me, I guess I'd just do it eh?

The drools planner zip has a runExamples.sh, but it doesn't include
source code.
The drools sources zip has the planner source code and all the other
drools source code (like SVN) but you need to build drools itself before
building the examples.

What would make it easier?

1)  A zip with only the examples (no drools or drools planner code) that
has a pom which has the jboss repository already included? So it's just
a matter of opening the pom.xml?
Or even better, include eclipse, intellij and netbeans files too?

2) Or would a maven archetype be even better? The problem with maven
archetypes is it's maintance: it's get forgotten and in the end the
archetype becomes stale.

I won't go for option 2) any time soon, but I wonder if we can somehow
configure the assembly plugin to do 1) and if there is intrest in such a
download.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet