[rules-users] drools-solver XML schema/detailed description?

Andrew Waterman andrew.waterman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 13:34:46 EST 2009

Hi,

My apologies for my earlier double post, I'm having some troubles with
my mail client.

I'm writing to see if anyone has any detailed information on an XML-
schema, or, a more detailed break-down of the drools-solver
configuration files.  Basically, I'm trying to find out the set of
available tags in drools-solver without going through the XML parsing
code.  In particular, I'm curious about the options with regards to
the "<selector>" tag.  In the "curriculumCourseSolverConfig.xml" file
for the curriculum drools-solver example, the sub-tag "topSize' is
used in the selector configuration:

     <selector>
         <selector>
             <topSize>10</topSize>
         </selector>
         <selector>
         <selector>
             <moveFactoryClass>
org
.drools
.solver
.examples
.itc2007.curriculumcourse.solver.move.factory.RoomChangeMoveFactory
	    </moveFactoryClass>
             <relativeSelection>0.002</relativeSelection>
         </selector>
	.... [list of further move factories]
     </selector>

In addition, the "relativeSelection" subtag is used as well.

What do these subtags mean?  Is there a way to let the selector move
through different weighted MoveFactories?

Thanks!

best wishes,

Andrew
Andrew Waterman
San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico
+52 1 967 107 5902
+1 510 342 5693