[rules-users] Shadow facts

J Michael Dean mdean77 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 09:06:21 EST 2009

I am migrating from 4.07 to 5 and my previous DRL file does not
function correctly;  I previousliy inserted facts with the dynamic
Boolean set true.  I understand that this is no longer done because
shadow facts are "not needed" in Drools 5, but is it necessary to do
anything different in the RHS when modifying facts?  My fact POJOs
have a method for adding text to themselves.  I believe my rules are
not working properly because nothing is being modified - only the
initial activation set fires and then nothing happens.

Restated, the documentation talks about how to "avoid" shadow facts in
Drools 4.07 - are the restrictions in this part of the docs necessary
in Drools 5?

Thanks.