[rules-users] Shadow facts

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Feb 11 10:26:06 EST 2009

   Dean,

   There are two unrelated things in here... the boolean flag for dynamic
facts means your fact supports the property change listeners and you don't
need to call modify() when you change an attribute. ShadowFacts are a
complete different thing that should be mostly transparent to users.
   If you can provide an example, it will be easier to help you.

    []s
    Edson

2009/2/11 J Michael Dean <mdean77 at comcast.net>

> I am migrating from 4.07 to 5 and my previous DRL file does not function
> correctly;  I previousliy inserted facts with the dynamic Boolean set true.
>  I understand that this is no longer done because shadow facts are "not
> needed" in Drools 5, but is it necessary to do anything different in the RHS
> when modifying facts?  My fact POJOs have a method for adding text to
> themselves.  I believe my rules are not working properly because nothing is
> being modified - only the initial activation set fires and then nothing
> happens.
>
> Restated, the documentation talks about how to "avoid" shadow facts in
> Drools 4.07 - are the restrictions in this part of the docs necessary in
> Drools 5?
>
> Thanks.

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development