[rules-users] Problem using KnowledgeAgent

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Feb 20 11:15:10 EST 2009

Mark Proctor wrote:
> Seaver, Daniel (GE Healthcare) wrote:
>> Thanks for the clarification, Mark.
>>
>> I followed your links to get the latest of the greatest. Happy to see
>> all those blue circles in the build history. I downloaded:
>>
>> drools-5.0.0.SNAPSHOT-eclipse-all.zip
>> drools-5.0.0.SNAPSHOT-guvnor.zip
>>
>> Then I updated eclipse with the contents of ...eclips-all.zip,
>> Started eclipse and created a new runtime (which I put in my
>> jboss/server/default/lib folder and verified that the ones I had
>> installed there before were changed). I replaced the M5 version of
>> guvnor with the new one, and restarted everything.
>>
>> That should be all I need to do, right? Been at this for a while, so
>> I may be having a mental lapse.
>>
>> Anyways, several projects that I could build before the upgrade don't
>> build anymore. The build process hangs in Guvnor, as well as in Eclipse.
>>
>> This is the last output I get in the server's log when trying to
>> compile the package I'm using for our test:
>>
>> 21:27:25,132 INFO [STDOUT] DEBUG 19-02 21:27:25,132
>> (_SelectorManager.java:<init>:27_) Loading selectors
>>
>> 21:27:25,195 INFO [STDOUT] DEBUG 19-02 21:27:25,195
>> (_ContentManager.java:<init>:45_) Loading content properties
>>
>> The last thing I see in Eclipse when I try a complete clean on our
>> primary application is:
>>
>>     Building Workspace - Building all...: Invoking "Drools Builder'
>> on '/cbo-ejb'.
>>
>> The status shows 46% complete and just hangs there.
>>
>> I think it's time for a cocktail and a nice long sleep. I'll check in
>> tomorrow before rolling back to M5.
> can you look in the error logs? I was really hoping to CR1 over the
> weekend. But we need to be sure these issues are gone.
Also if it's in guvnor and eclipse it sounds like a generic problem with
drools compiler. Can I ask you to remove the plugin and try and build
the rules via the knowledgebuilder yourself, hopefully you'll find the
deadlock there yourself and be able ot print a stack trace we can
actually use. Along with the offending rules.

Mark