[rules-users] Re: Declarative Model Editor in Guvnor

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:32:30 EST 2009

Well - the editor doesn't have a switch to edit it as text (do you
want one)? but if you add something to it that the GUI can't render,
it reverts to a text editor (which may be what is happening). Could
you possibly share your model text?

Hey if you could reproduce it, open a JIRA here:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/GUVNOR

(attach any info or a repo if you like), just as much detail as
possible to reproduce it (as sometimes there are a few ways to do
things and we get confused which one it is !).

A JIRA would be much appreciated (things have a tendency to get lost !).

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:43 AM, J Michael Dean <mdean77 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I create a new fact in Guvnor.  I cannot directly edit the code, as far as I
> can tell, and can only see the guided editor.
> Next, I use the Guvnor plugin in Eclipse to check the asset out, and I edit
> it in Eclipse.  I then use the Guvnor .. commit  command in the guvnor
> plugin.
> Then when I access Guvnor through the browser, the changes from Eclipse are
> certainly there, but I no longer see a guided editor, but rather, can
> directly edit the text.
> This is all within the same package, just moving back and forth between
> Guvnor and Eclipse.
> There may be some switch on the Guvnor interface that I am completely
> missing that would enable me to move back and forth between free text
> editing and guided editing.
> - Mike
>
> no that doesn't sound correct ? can what you mean by import into
> guvnor - you mean using the guvnor plugin ? or re-importing it by
> creating a new package?
>
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 5:02 AM, J Michael Dean <mdean77 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> When I declare a very simple object in Guvnor and validate, save, build,
>
> etc. and then try to edit it, I get the guided editor.  However, if I import
>
> that model to the IDE and edit it there, and commit it back, then in Guvnor
>
> I subsequently can edit the text directly.  I cannot find a way to edit the
>
> text directly unless I go through this step of import to the IDE, and once I
>
> have handled it in the IDE, it appears I can no longer edit it with the
>
> guided editor in Guvnor.
>
> Is this the correct behavior?

Michael D Neale
home: www.michaelneale.net