[rules-users] creating workflow via the web interface

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Jul 8 07:47:45 EDT 2009

Alexandre Russel wrote:
> 2009/7/8 Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org>:
>
>> Alexandre Russel wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>   is creating workflow with guvnor planned in the near future ? Where can I
>> find an updated  roadmap ?
>>
>> Something is being worked on, we are continue to explore gwt-diagrams and
>> also now looking into Oryx. We hope to have something, but no timelines yet.
>>

> we might be interested in helping/contributing but I couldn't find
> anything in the sources. Is there nothing commited yet or is it in
> another branch ?
> I didn't  know Oryx, it looks very interesting and it seems that we
> would just need to save the diagram created with onyx to  the JCR
> maybe with some xslt before.

In drools-guvnor there is already code that uses GWT-Diagrams to render
a .drf, that work was going to be extended to make the diagrams
editable. However we are evaluating Oryx at the moment (no actual work
has been done) I have a strong feeling we'll move to that for web based
diagrams. If you where able to get started on this for us and maybe do a
proof of concept, for a few nodes, that would be great :) We need to
make sure that we can do two things - open oryx in full screen mode for
editable, and embedded oryx (just the diagram no menus/palletes) for
viewing.

If you are serious about helping out on this, then pop onto irc for a chat:
http://www.jboss.org/drools/irc.html

Mark