[rules-users] Detect rules changes at runtime using a push mechanism

rviswanathan v_ramakrishnan at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 9 23:15:19 EDT 2009

Hi

I am trying to detect rule changes (that I edit using Guvnor) at runtime in
my java program.
I was able to use the resource scanner (as provided in the drools
documentation) to poll and get the changes.

I am also trying to see the possibility of using a push based approach,
instead of the polling. I see the classes for the ResourceChangeMonitor,
ResourceChangeNotifier and ResourceChangeListener, but I am not sure how I
should go about using these.

I tried to use the following method on the ResourceChangeNotifier by passing
in a listener implementation and the ChangeSet as the resource - but what do
I implement inside this method?

void subscribeResourceChangeListener(ResourceChangeListener listener,
                                     Resource resource)

Is this approach correct?

Thanks
Ram