[rules-users] question on adding manual workitem within flow editor

Pang, Yonghua YPang at StateStreet.com
Mon Jul 27 03:08:54 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm a newbie of Drools and I just met  a problem when learning Drools
Flow according to Drools online documents.

I create a workitem, Notification, exactly according to Chapter 8 in
Drools Flow Doc. I create MyWorkDefinitions.conf and
drools.rulebase.conf, and then put them in classpath. Also, I create one
image to be used by the item.

However, this new  workitem is not found in RuleFlow Editor. I'm not
sure if something else is needed. Can you guys please guide me to adding
new workitem and dragging/drawing it in RuleFlow Editor?

FYI. Though the RuleFlow editor cannot work with the new workitem, the
XML style works. I mean, I could manually change the XML of .rf file to
use the new workitem.
The work environment is JDK5, Drools5, Eclipse 3.4.5 and GEF 3.5.

The two conf files are also attached.

 <<drools.rulebase.conf>>  <<MyWorkDefinitions.conf>>
Thanks,
Paul