[rules-users] Help creating a GUI for an example

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Jun 3 00:21:48 EDT 2009

   Hey people,

   To achieve a list of short term goals related to Drools, I am
implementing a fairly interesting new example using as many features from
the Drools 5 platform as I see fit. Among other things, this example will
serve as a basis for a few tutorials on the engine capabilities that I want
to create.

   To keep the example accessible to everyone, and at the same time keeping
things a bit more fun, I dropped the idea of developing a business
application and decided to go with a board game implementation, so that at
the same time it is easy enough for people to understand but complex enough
to demonstrate the engine features. At this point, I have a bit more than 50
rules already implemented for this example, it uses drools flow, custom
evaluators and custom accumulate functions. I will still add work items, DSL
and fusion features. In the end, I estimate the example will have between
120 and 150 rules, what is pretty decent for an example, I think.

   Anyway, digressions aside, I could really use some help from someone
willing to develop a GUI for it. The GUI is basically a diamond shaped board
(or a square board with a 45 degrees rotation, if you prefer), 18 square
pieces and 18 cards. I have images for most of the components, but you are
free to create new if you fancy. The game will be played by 2 AI players,
against each other, so there is no need for user commands on the game
itself. Instead, the user should be able to control the game pace (i.e., see
the game move-by-move, slow or fast-forward).

   The game already works from start to end, although players are still in
the Artificial Dumbness state (they will move to Artificial Intelligence in
the future). So, if anyone is willing to help, we can start plugging in the
GUI asap. Please send me a private mail and I will send you the details.

   Thanks,
       Edson

--
 Edson Tirelli