[rules-users] Extend Guvnor

Andy Mei andy.d.mei at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 09:01:52 EDT 2009

Hi all,

   Long time user of Drools (dated back in xml syntax days).  We are looking
to revamp our in house rules product which is based on Drools 3.x.  We have
built a Swing thick client that provides similar functionality as Guvnor
such as rule editing, versioning, deployment (with approval system).  One
major feature we do have is rule simulation.  We allow user to simulate
rules and display results while user save or seek approval of their rules
before deploy to production system.  The simulation feature allows user to
run against production or testing environment to ensure it provide correct
results.  I wonder if Guvnor has such extensibility interface build in which
I could add my own functionality such as simulation and result browsing?
Since Guvnor is based on Seam and GWT (i think), I could probably fork the
source and tweak the UI, but I much rather code against an interface
supported by Drools.

  Thoughts? TIA.

PS:  I am curious how are existing Drools user test their rules currently?

Andy