[rules-users] Deploying Guvnor in an Enterprise environment

Steve Ronderos steve.ronderos at ni.com
Tue Jun 16 18:24:06 EDT 2009

Hello Drools Users,

I'm working on deploying Guvnor in an enterprise environment.  There is
some mention in the JBoss Wikis
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/GuvnorRoadmapFor0809 and
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/Guvnor about lifecycle management of
assets in Guvnor.  The descriptions in those two articles is somewhat
brief and does not quite cover all of my requirements.

We have a need to be able to deploy assets to various dev, staging and
production servers and define which assets should be deployed in a given
deploy.  I realize that snapshots and selectors can be leveraged to get
this kind of functionality, but it does not feel like a robust solution.
Additionally, we have scenarios where two users might need to edit the
same asset for two different releases, and test them on different
environments simultaneously.

Has anyone implemented Guvnor in a Dev, Staging, Production environment
that could give some pointers on how to manage these concurrent release
issues?

Thanks,

Steve Ronderos