[rules-users] Where is the log4j configuration file kept?

Lukas, Ray Ray.Lukas at idearc.com
Wed Jun 17 08:45:57 EDT 2009

This is such a simple thing I would think.. But I don't have it working.
Con someone please help out.
I am running a standalone Drools application in Eclipse, I have it all
working and all my rules fire and everything works great, but I can not
get log4J working with it. I have climbed mountains only top stumble on
a pebble.. ...
Log.error("x") sends to console. So I know that a log4j configuration is
in play. I don't see a log4j properties file, or xml file to add my
stuff into. That is the problem.. where is that located...
Creating my own, and adding it to the class path, of course, as you
would expect, just gets ignored..
Where is the one that Drools uses??

This is what I am looking to add.. I am pretty sure this is correct, but
I could be wrong, long hours and... I could be wrong...

  <appender name="myProject"
class="org.jboss.logging.appender.RollingFileAppender">
      <errorHandler
class="org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler"/>
      <!-- <param name="File"
value="${jboss.server.log.dir}/server.log"/> -->
      <param name="File" value=" myProject.log"/>
      <param name="Append" value="true"/>
     <param name="MaxFileSize" value="10MB"/>
     <param name="MaxBackupIndex" value="20"/>
         <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p [%c] %m%n"/>
      </layout>
   </appender>
   <category name="com.model">
     <priority value="Trace" />