[rules-users] Compatibility of Drools for High Traffic events

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 13:25:27 EDT 2009

The timing for running the rules on the facts is the simple case ("at the
end of the promotion period").

As for your question: Drools is very well suited for this kind of
application. You'll find that you'll arrive at a clean separation of DB
access and result (winner) processing on the one hand and the rule
evaluation on the other hand. This will enable you to react quickly to
Marketing's quirks and impulsive changes at short notice, which they are
inclined to have - at least the ones I know ;-)

-W