[rules-users] Guvnor causes NoClassDefFoundError when using functions

Andrew Nguyen andrew-lists-rules-users at na-consulting.net
Wed Jun 24 17:44:22 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have been using Guvnor to manage some rules in a prototype system
that we are developing.  If I login to Guvnor, make some changes, and
rebuild the package, sometimes I will get the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: tpn/CompareBetween

I have a function defined that is "compareBetween" and the syntax and
everything looks correct in the generated DRL file.  Sometimes, I can
rebuild the package (without making any changes) and the problem will
go away?

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Andrew Nguyen