[rules-users] Inserting a JRuby object via Spring JRubyScriptFactory in Drools

Premkumar Stephen prem18 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:43:21 EDT 2009

Hello Folks,
I have been looking at options of using ruby objects as fact objects in
Drool's working memory.

One obvious way is using services.

Another path that I have been researching about is to use Spring as outlined
here http://www.jroller.com/habuma/entry/spring_meet_ruby

Now, in this example, if the Lime ruby object were like a POJO, (contains
fields), will I be able to insert this object into the workingMemory?  My
Lime interface would have getters and setters. Will the engine look for the
fields themselves in an object or can it work with just getters and setters
( as would be declared in the Lime.java interface and defined in the Lime.rb
ruby class?

Are there any drawbacks in doing it this way?

Any comments/pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks!!