[rules-users] Inserting a JRuby object via Spring JRubyScriptFactory in Drools

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Mar 19 12:05:34 EDT 2009

   Drools always looks for getters/setters, never for the actual internal
attribute.

   As long as you have an instance of a given interface and your rules are
written against the interface you should be fine in Drools 5.

   Drools 4 used shadow facts, so, there would be more considerations to
make on drools 4.

   []s
   Edson

2009/3/19 Premkumar Stephen <prem18 at gmail.com>

> Hello Folks,
> I have been looking at options of using ruby objects as fact objects in
> Drool's working memory.
>
> One obvious way is using services.
>
> Another path that I have been researching about is to use Spring as
> outlined here http://www.jroller.com/habuma/entry/spring_meet_ruby
>
> Now, in this example, if the Lime ruby object were like a POJO, (contains
> fields), will I be able to insert this object into the workingMemory?  My
> Lime interface would have getters and setters. Will the engine look for the
> fields themselves in an object or can it work with just getters and setters
> ( as would be declared in the Lime.java interface and defined in the Lime.rb
> ruby class?
>
> Are there any drawbacks in doing it this way?
>
> Any comments/pointers will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!!

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development