[rules-users] signalEvent in DRL file

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Mar 19 14:34:36 EDT 2009

   In the consequence of the rule, just use the context variable:

drools.getKnowledgeRuntime().signalEvent( type, eventData );

   Documentation could be improved to have that:

https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-flow/html/ch03.html#d0e970

   []s
   Edson

2009/3/19 <raphael.bernhard at orange-ftgroup.com>

>  I'm playing around with the ruleflow signal facility.
>
> Within the ruleflow, it's rather easy to "signal" an event and it works
> well (using an action, ...). But I wanted to write some (DRL) rules to
> signal events conditionally (e.g. each tine a condition happens, signal
> the event).
>
> The rules that have to signal the event are activated from a ruleflow using
> a RuleflowGroup. I didn't find any easy way to get a reference to the
> process variable (ProcessInstance) within the rules activated by the
> RuleFlowGroup.
>
> ps: I'm trying to mimic a simple reactive system in the domain of
> machine-to-machine behaviour programming.
> --
> Raphaël BERNHARD --- *mailto:raphael.bernhard at orange-ftgroup.com*<raphael.bernhard at orange-ftgroup.com>
>
>    Orange LABS
>       905, Rue Albert Einstein
>       06921 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS Cedex
>       Tel: (+33) 4 92 94 52 94 Fax: (+33) 4 92 38 93 20

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development