[rules-users] What does the arrow ("->") mean in a rule file?

lightbulb432 veerukrishnan at hotmail.com
Sat May 2 23:10:14 EDT 2009

What does the arrow ("->") mean in a rule file? I've searched on Google,
looked through the Drools documentation, and haven't been able to find out
what it does.

It appears in the autocomplete of my IDE for Drools, and I've seen it in an
example in the JBoss Seam documentation, but am unable to tell what it does:

rule InsertMemberBlog
  no-loop
  activation-group "permissions"
when
  principal: Principal()
  memberBlog: MemberBlog(member : member ->
(member.getUsername().equals(principal.getName())))
  check: PermissionCheck(target == memberBlog, action == "insert", granted
== false)
then
  check.grant();
end;