[rules-users] Guvnor Package Builds & The EGT w/ver. 5.0.0 CR1

Ingold, Jonathan jonathan.ingold at jackson.com
Wed May 6 14:05:38 EDT 2009

Hello,

I use Guvnor's repository to store, organize and deploy our rules.
However Eclipse Ganymede with the Eclipse Guvnor Toolkit is used for all
of our editing and testing.

My question is this: After making a change to a rule (we use drls only)
I save the local copy and commit it to Guvnor.  However, when I run a
test class that checks to make sure these changes went into effect they
do not. In order for the changes to truly become effective, I must
rebuild the rule package in Guvnor.  The .properties file has
newInstance=true which according to the comments "means the RuleBase
will be created fresh whenever there are changes".

I would really rather not have to switch over to guvnor and rebuild the
package anytime I make even a minor change in my rules for testing.
Does anyone know a way around this or am I doing something foolish
without realizing it?

Thanks,

Jon