[rules-users] Drools : usage as appointment booking engine ?

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 12:41:14 EDT 2009

Well, Fusion is mainly geared towards processing incoming dynamic events.

Drools-solver would be best for creating the appointment schedule.  However, if you want to react to real time changes that may affect your schedule, you could always use drools-fusion for that. (i.e. we have an appointment for Bob, Alice, and Chuck in Room D on Monday.  Then an event comes in saying Chuck is sick within 30 minues of the appointment.  If Chuck is a critical member of the meeting the system decides to reschedule, but without the "only on Mondays" constraint.)

So drools-solver would create the schedule, and drools-fusion would decide in real time based on the current schedule structure and the incoming events whether to respaawn a solver session to adjust the schedule.  Does that make sense?